Some Garmin watches owners have challenges with their watches syncing to Peloton, while others have a seamless experience. Garmin also admits that Peloton bikes do not transmit a signal that the watches can pick.
So, do Garmin watches work with Peloton bikes and treadmills? Fortunately, yes. Garmin watches are compatible with Peloton bikes and treadmills. The older Garmin watches are ANT+ compatible, while the newer versions, models from 2019, are Bluetooth compatible. Peloton is both ANT+ and Bluetooth enabled, hence a match for all the watches. You can sync the heart rate from the Garmin to the Peloton by putting the Garmin into Broadcast Heart Rate mode.
However, Garmin watches only send the heart rates to Peloton bikes and treads and not other metrics.
How to Connect Garmin Watch to Peloton Bike or Treadmill
Basically, Garmin watches help us track daily activities, from your most active exercise to your sleeping patterns. If you have a Peloton bike or tread, you definitely want to include your activities on the fitness equipment in your activity count.
In this case, here is a step-by-step process on how to connect a Garmin Watch to Peloton;
- First off, ensure that the Garmin Watch is set to Broadcast During Activity.
- Please put on the Garmin Watch while you connect it to Peloton.
- Next, take a class on Peloton to get the heart rate monitor modal.
- Then, go to Settings on your Peloton bike or tread. Click on the heart rate monitor option. If it is a Bluetooth heart rate monitor, enable Bluetooth on the Peloton bike or treadmill. If it is ANT+, enable ANT+ on the Peloton touchscreen. (If you use other Bluetooth devices like headphones then Ant+ is the best option, because peloton does not allow two Bluetooth devices.)
- Your bike or tread will start searching for available heart rate monitors.
- If your watch does not display in the list, then click on the refresh button at the top, next to Set Your Heart Rate Monitor. If it is an ANT+ model, the watch will show as an ID. On the other hand, Bluetooth models will show by name, for example, Garmin.
- Click on your watch representation and continue with the class to see if the heart rate displays during the class.
Confusion? See the two videos below to connect your peloton to Garmin Watch:
Which Garmin Watches Pair with Peloton?
Peloton pairs with both Bluetooth and ANT+ enabled Garmin watches. So, You can use Bluetooth or ANT+ capable all Garmin watches with the Peloton(Remember again: Only for sending heart rate data)
My Garmin Watch Won’t Pair to Peloton
If your Garmin watch doesn’t pair to Peloton, check on the following;
- The Garmin watch is not connected to other devices other than Peloton.
- Refresh the Peloton heart rate monitor Setting.
- Ensure that the proximity between the Peloton device and the watch is reasonable.
- Always check that your Gamin watch is well-charged before using it with Peloton
- Attach the watch correctly onto your wrist or arm.
- If you want to connect the watch with Bluetooth then check Peloton Bluetooth. ensure that the Peloton screen is not connected to other Bluetooth devices.
Can You Connect Garmin Watch to Peloton Digital App?
Unfortunately, you cannot connect the Garmin watch to the Peloton digital app. The watches are only compatible with the Peloton bikes and treadmills.
Garmin watches may not transmit much on the Peloton bikes and treadmills, but they are compatible with heart rate transmission. Therefore, you can connect the watch to Peloton, whether you are using an old Garmin watch model or the newer Bluetooth model. All you need is to identify the wireless mode that your heart rate uses, whether ANT+ or Bluetooth.
However, note that you can exclusively connect the Garmin watch to Peloton bikes and treadmills. The Peloton watch does not work with the digital app, regardless of the device or software.
- How to Connect Peloton to Sonos
- Connect A Heart Rate Monitor to Peloton Bike, Tread & App – Peloton HRM Troubleshooting